Building the Future of Texas Trucking
The TXTA Foundation was established in 1978 to fund education and research projects for the Texas trucking industry. The Foundation is governed by a 18-member Board of Trustees. The mission of this all volunteer organization is to work with TXTA member companies to fund educational and community service programs to enhance the understanding of and image of the Texas trucking industry, with the ultimate goal of positioning trucking as the most vital and necessary industry in Texas.
- TXTA Affiliation Employee, dependent, child, spouse and/or grandchild of current TXTA carrier or allied member company in good standing;
- Current Student High school senior, graduate or equivalent, or current university or college student;
- Previous scholarship recipients may apply if eligibility standards are met
- Full-Time Enrollment Minimum 12 hours per semester at a university, college or community college in a degree that supports the trucking industry (i.e. diesel mechanic, cdl driver and so on).
This Submittable Application Form with the following required attached files:
- Official Transcript Official, sealed copy of the most recent or year-end high school or college transcript
- Letters of Recommendation - one to three letters from non-familial sources, such as a teacher, counselor or supervisor
Process Selection Applications are reviewed by the TXTA Foundation Board of Trustees; scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, community involvement and financial need. In July, scholarship funds will be mailed directly to the school upon verification of full-time enrollment; funds are divided equally between the fall and spring semesters of the 2021-2022 academic year and may be used to meet such expenses as tuition, books and housing.
The TXTA Foundation Scholarship program does not discriminate against students on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin or disability.
Notification Applicants will receive notification once they have applied. This is a rolling application process.
For technical support in completing your application or accessing your account, please email Submittable technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org.